Congratulations to these Pukeko Team students ( Chaska and Eden) for receiving certificates for "Being respectful - By keeping our hands and feet to ourselves"
Sunday, 26 February 2017
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Today Room 13 was given the task of designing and drawing the castle we have been reading about in the book
"Tuesday at the Castle".
They have all done an amazing job and showed resilience by trying and redesigning and trying again until they were happy with their designs.
Sunday, 12 February 2017
This term the Pukeko Team is doing something really exciting as part of our reading programme. Rooms 11, 12, 13 and 14 have all signed up to something called "Chapter Chat". Chapter Chat is where 100 Year 3/4 classes from across New Zealand chat and share responses to a particular chapter book on Twitter. This term everyone will be reading the book "Tuesdays at the Castle" by Jessica Day George.
How does it work?
Every day each class will read a little bit of "Tuesdays at the Castle" and complete activities during independent learning time. Every Friday at 10am we go live! Each child will be logged into Twitter ready to answer some questions about the chapters they have read so far.
Why Chapter Chat?
- The main focus for Chapter Chat is to foster a love of books! Chapter Chat is about books!
- Chapter Chat as a way to get children connecting with others.
- Chapter Chat is about an audience! Children love having an audience for their learning and one of our goals is to provide it.
- Chapter Chat is a place where children can learn about Cyber Safety in real time. It teaches children how to behave in an appropriate way online.
- Chapter Chat supports children with quality writing. Tweeting is not just for fun but a place where we can practise and develop our writing skills.
Keeping Safe on Social Media!
In order to make sure we can monitor all activity while we are on Twitter, all children will be using the one classroom account. Teachers will check tweets before they are sent and systems have been put in place to limit what children can view while they are on Twitter. We will be using Twitter solely for the purposes of Chapter Chat. We believe this is a really fun and authentic way to teach children about digital citizenship and online safety.
Mrs van Zyl
Saturday, 11 February 2017
Thursday, 9 February 2017
Wednesday, 8 February 2017
Following a positive response in 2016, we are again holding a session where parents of students in Year 4 - 8 can learn more about how we use Chromebooks at Reremoana School. Parents of students in Y3 who are using school Chromebooks from time to time are also welcome to attend. This session will be set up so parents and students are working alongside each other on a Chromebook.
When: Wednesday 22 February from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
Where: Room 16
What we will be covering:
- How to log in
- How to monitor gmail
- How drive is organised
- How to view work
- Introduction about safety at home and at school
Things to bring:
- Chromebook (if your child has one)
- Child’s username and password
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you plan on attending, with the following information copied and pasted into your reply:
- Your name/child’s name, room number, year level
- We will use my child’s chromebook Yes/No
- We would like to use a school chromebook Yes/No
- We know my child’s username and password Yes/No
- We need to be given my child’s username a password Yes/No
- Any specific information you would like covered, if time allows.
e-Learning Lead Teacher
Friday, 3 February 2017
Thursday, 2 February 2017
What an exciting day!
Just look at how professional we look.
This afternoon we had the opportunity to work on the school chromebooks for the first time this year. It was important for us to learn how to sign in and find our work on google drive as this will help us complete given tasks and our weekly homefun.
We followed all the steps given by Mrs Slee - our ICT expert.
Thank you for helping us, Mrs. Slee!